- November 3, 2017
- Posted by: wp
- Category: Quickbooks
In this article, we will discuss unable to find the scanner in QuickBooks. Sometimes, the user faces this QuickBooks error when they try to attach a document using the Scan Document feature in QuickBooks Attached Document which is displayed as The scanner [scanner name] could not be selected or the previous instance of scan manager seems to be frozen.
Symptoms of this issue
There is the following reason for this error:
- If the user hasn’t set their device to the setting of TWAIN scanner. The scan manager requires a TWAIN-complaint scanner driver.
- If the user attempts to use a device that is not currently available online or connected to your system.
Steps to fix unable to find a scanner issue in QuickBooks
Make ensure some important points to before performing the problem to fix this error are as:
- Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is up to date.
- Verify that your scanner and driver are TWAIN compliant by checking the manufacturer of your scanner.
After updating the drivers for your scanner, if the scanner is stopped working, you can try the previous version of the driver.
- Make sure that your system is connected online, and set to TWAIN scanner.
- Remember to check your Scanner and set to TWAIN scanner.
- Check to be ensured your Scanner is online and available for use with the system.
- If you are running with a new tool or you haven’t, but used scan manager, please observe the steps in installation QuickBooks scan manager for QB connected documents to make certain that your scanner is well suited with experiment manager and is installation well.
Note: If your scanner is defaults mode apart from twain (consisting of WIA), you may run the scanner wizard and vicinity the scanner in safe mode.
- Manually import scanned documents into QuickBooks Desktop
- Use your scanners default software to manually scan your documents into your computer (you can save as an image file, .DOC file, or a PDF file).
- After scanning your documents outside of QuickBooks Desktop, open your company file and click on the attach icon within a transaction.
- Click From Computer and browse to your file, you saved outside of QuickBooks Desktop to import into your company file.
Hope this article will be helpful and worthy. If you are still unable to fix this issue or you need any more help and best support, dial QuickBooks support number +1-855-441-4417. Our Payroll Support team can assist you to fix various Payroll error.