- October 9, 2017
- Posted by: wp
- Category: Knowledge Base
What is WordPress Security?
WordPress is the most usable and popular Content Management System on the web and is now powering over 26.5% of all websites. Since it holds such a large piece of the market share;When vulnerabilities are discovered WordPress brings additional security concerns.
In 90,978 attacks /minute, hackers are attacking to WordPress security sites. There are some most important ways you can take care of your site.
According to WP Scan, a black box WordPress vulnerability scanner,4618 vulnerabilities (2,355 unique) there are have been reported to date.WordPress plugins vulnerabilities 52%. WordPress 37% for core account and 11% for theme account. This has also been confirmed by Word fence findings where they discovered that 55.9% of vulnerabilities came from plugins.
We took a look at the plugin repository and discovered the following:
- There are currently a total of 37,300 plugins available in the WordPress.org repository
- 17,383 plugins that is nit updated in last 2 years.
- WordPress 4.0 was released in September 2014.13,655 plugins have a compatibility tag of 3.x.
- 3,990 plugins have not been updated since 2010 which is over 7 years ago.
- WordPress plugins is the plugin source code database 29,892 that are not listed in the plugin directory.
THEMES security is an Themes Security plugin that declare to provide 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress website from third party attacks. It advantages user credentials by fixing common vulnerabilities and automated attacks. The plugin is available in both free and premium versions.
Themes covers all of the following:
- Two-factor authentication
- Brute force protection
- Monitoring core files for any changes
- Ticketed support (for pro users)
- Logging user actions
- The incorrect credential attempts for multiple users
ALL IN ONE WP SECURITY & FIREWALL
All In One WP Security & Firewall is a user-friendly interface for those who are not familiar with advanced security settings. The latest technology and security measures for checking susceptibility to plugin protects your website.
The useful feature for WP Security & Firewall is a meter on your dashboard that gives your site secure it is.
By the use of security scanner that keeps track of files and notifies you of each change in your WordPress system. It can also detect malicious code in your WordPress website.
You can also dial WordPress support phone number +1 844 897 0441 to get instant help.
Another popular plugin that helps to secure your WordPress website is Bulletproof Security. This plugin provides single click security solution. It secures your website against RFI, XSS, CRLF, SQL injection, and code injection hacking.
The full list of features included with Bulletproof security is too long to list, but here are a few:
- An easy single-click setup
- A record of the number of login attempts
- File monitoring and quarantining of uploaded files
- Email alerts for a variety of user actions
- Alerts when suspected malicious activity affects your site
It also has a pro version that offers some advanced features to improve the security of your website.
The number of hacking attacks are increasing, it is necessary to have security on your WordPress website. The security plugins mentioned above will help you with that.
More Blogs To Read:
- WordPress Error: Cannot Modify Header Information
- WordPress Error Establishing a Data Connection
- Best CDN services in WordPress 2017
- Top 8 WordPress Plugin for SEO